Pre Prep/ Kinder Transition
(Enrolment forms located under 2023 Enrolment tab)
At Beaconsfield Primary School we understand that a child’s first year at school is an important one. It is a year that children are seen moving towards independence, developing self-esteem, making connections and building positive attitudes toward their schooling. Because of this understanding, the Prep Team provide a Transition Program that is tailored to meet the needs of both Prep children and their families.
Transition days are offered to enrolled children to give them the opportunity to meet and greet current Prep teachers as well as enjoy a number of learning activities with a particular numeracy and literacy focus. Parent information sessions in addition to an open classroom session are offered to ease the move from Pre-school to Primary School life.
If you intend enrolling your Prep child at Beaconsfield Primary School we strongly encourage you to take advantage of our Transition Program for new Preps.
The Transition Program …
- is designed to assist your child in becoming familiar with the Beaconsfield Primary School environment.
- provides reassurance to the child (and the parent) that our learning environment is safe and friendly.
- allows your child to make new friends.
- enables you to meet the caring and dedicated teachers who will provide the quality education your child deserves.
- gives you the opportunity to learn about the special programs we have developed to enable every child to succeed.
- provides us with the opportunity to discuss your child’s special needs.
You are welcome to come along and have a look at our beautiful school. Staff will be there to answer any questions.
Prep Information Session
There will be an Online Parent Information Session on Thursday 3rd November at 7pm. Prep teachers will talk about getting ready for school and answer questions. A recording of this event will be sent out in a link for those who are unavailable to attend.
Prep Orientation Days
Traditionally Prep transition days have been held in Term 4 on Thursday 17th and 24th November. Your child will have an experience in the classroom, participate in specialist activities and have a tour of our school.
Early Years Evaluation Interviews
Your child may be required to attend an Early Years Evaluation interview. You will be sent a letter to book a time that suits you. Letters will be sent via email with further information.
Your child will receive a letter from their 2023 Prep Teacher in December 2022.