2024 Enrolment Pack
At Beaconsfield Primary School we understand that a child’s first year at school is an important one. It is a year that children are seen moving towards independence, developing self-esteem, making connections and building positive attitudes toward their schooling. Because of this understanding, the Prep Team provide a Transition Program that is tailored to meet the needs of both Prep children and their families.
Transition days are offered to enrolled children to give them the opportunity to meet and greet current Prep teachers as well as enjoy a number of learning activities with a particular numeracy and literacy focus. Parent information sessions in addition to an open classroom session are offered to ease the move from Pre-school to Primary School life.
If you intend enrolling your Prep child at Beaconsfield Primary School we strongly encourage you to take advantage of our Transition Program for new Preps.
The Transition Program …
- is designed to assist your child in becoming familiar with the Beaconsfield Primary School environment.
- provides reassurance to the child (and the parent) that our learning environment is safe and friendly.
- allows your child to make new friends.
- enables you to meet the caring and dedicated teachers who will provide the quality education your child deserves.
- gives you the opportunity to learn about the special programs we have developed to enable every child to succeed.
- provides us with the opportunity to discuss your child’s special needs.
Prep Transition Sessions
We ask all children to attend our two transition sessions on Wednesday 9th & 17th November 2023. You will receive your times at our Parent Information Session in November.
Parent Information Session
There will be an Online Parent Information Session on Wednesday 25th October at 4pm. Prep teachers will talk about getting ready for school and answer questions. A recording of this event will be sent out in a link for those who are unavailable to attend.
Early Years Evaluation Interviews
Your child will be required to attend an Early Years Evaluation interview in term 4. You will be sent a letter to book a time that suits you. Letters will be sent early term 4 with further information.