2024 Enrolment Pack
At Beaconsfield Primary School we understand that a child’s first year at school is an important one. It is a year that children are seen moving towards independence, developing self-esteem, making connections and building positive attitudes toward their schooling. Because of this understanding, the Prep Team provide a Transition Program that is tailored to meet the needs of both Prep children and their families.
Transition days are offered to enrolled children to give them the opportunity to meet and greet current Prep teachers as well as enjoy a number of learning activities with a particular numeracy and literacy focus. Parent information sessions in addition to an open classroom session are offered to ease the move from Pre-school to Primary School life.
If you intend enrolling your Prep child at Beaconsfield Primary School we strongly encourage you to take advantage of our Transition Program for new Preps.
The Transition Program …
- is designed to assist your child in becoming familiar with the Beaconsfield Primary School environment.
- provides reassurance to the child (and the parent) that our learning environment is safe and friendly.
- allows your child to make new friends.
- enables you to meet the caring and dedicated teachers who will provide the quality education your child deserves.
- gives you the opportunity to learn about the special programs we have developed to enable every child to succeed.
- provides us with the opportunity to discuss your child’s special needs.
Prep Transition Sessions
We ask all children to attend our two transition sessions on Thursday 14th & 21st November 2024. You will receive your times at our Parent Information Session in November.
Parent Information Session
There will be an Prep Information Session on Tuesday 30th October at 4pm. Prep teachers will talk about getting ready for school and answer questions. A recording of this event will be sent out in a link for those who are unavailable to attend.
Our school zone
Our school zone is available on findmyschool.vic.gov.au which hosts the most up-to-date information on school zones in Victoria.
Students residing within our school zone are guaranteed a place at our school, which is determined based on your permanent residential address.
Our school manages enrolments using the Placement Policy to ensure that students have access to their designated neighbourhood school and may enrol at another school, if there are available places.
For more information, you can:
- visit School zonesfor answers to frequently asked questions
- call the Victorian School Building Authority (VSBA) on 1800 896 950
- email the VSBA at firstname.lastname@example.org
Foundation (Prep) enrolments
The Department of Education has a statewide Foundation (Prep) enrolment timeline.
The timeline advises families when and how to enrol their child into Foundation (Prep) at a Victorian government primary school, including Beaconsfield Primary School.
You can find information and resources about the enrolment timeline at: Enrolling in Foundation (Prep).
You can find information and resources about the new timeline, including factsheets and the ‘Foundation (Prep) Enrolment Information Pack for Parents/Carers’, at: Enrolling in Foundation (Prep).
You will be able to apply to enrol your child in Foundation (Prep) 2025 at Beaconsfield Primary School from 15th April 2024.
What you need to do:
- Contact our school on 9707 1510 to learn more about our school and the enrolment application process. Our school will host an Open Day on Saturday 4th May from 10:00am to 12:00pm. This is a great opportunity to walk around our school and talk to leadership, staff and students.
- Download the Foundation (Prep) enrolment information pack from Enrolling in Foundation (Prep)
- Submit an enrolment application for Foundation (Prep) by Friday 26th July 2024
- You will be notified of the outcome of your application by Friday 9th August 2024. If you receive an enrolment offer, you should contact our school to accept the offer by Friday 23rd August 2024.
- Take part in enrolment information and transition sessions during Term 4, 2024.
- Your child will start Foundation (Prep) from Thursday 30th January 2025.
Enrolment applications submitted after 26 July 2024 will be processed by our school as they are received, in accordance with the department’s Placement Policy.